CESICAT is the body responsible for ensuring cybersecurity protection, prevention and governance for the Government of Catalonia.
The Centre for Information Security of Catalonia (CESICAT) is a public-sector foundation of the Government of Catalonia, which has a direct majority holding in it. It is attached to the Department of the Presidency via the Office for the Governance of Information and Communication Technologies.
The organisation is responsible for the establishment and monitoring of cybersecurity action programmes under the strategic management of the Government of Catalonia, in coordination with the public-sector bodies of the Government of Catalonia and in cooperation with local authorities in Catalonia, the private sector and civil society.
The CESICAT Foundation was set up on 2 February 2010 to meet the objective established in the National Plan to Promote ICT Security in Catalonia, approved by the Government of Catalonia under the Government Agreement GOV/50/2009 of 17 March.
Considering its functions, the CESICAT Foundation is the appropriate body to take up the challenge of protecting the information and ICT infrastructure of the institutions and citizens of Catalonia and, in particular, of the Government of Catalonia.
The Foundation Board is the organisation’s supreme governing body, represented by its Chairman.
The Chairman of the Foundation Board is the supreme institutional representative of the foundation. The chairmanship of the board is held by the Secretary for Telecommunications, Cybersecurity and Digital Society of the Government of Catalonia.
The Executive Committee is the collegiate body which, together with the Director General and the board, forms the foundation’s decision-making and management mechanism.
The Director General, appointed on the initiative of the Foundation Board, is the organisation’s highest executive authority.
The Foundation Board
The Foundation Board consists of:
- The Secretary for Telecommunications, Cybersecurity and Digital Society of the Government of Catalonia.
- The Head of the Skilling and Digital Inclusion Service of the Secretary for Telecommunications, Cybersecurity and Digital Society.
- The Managing Director of the Centre for Telecommunications and Information Technologies.
- The Secretary General of the Department of Governance, Public Administrations and Housing of the Government of Catalonia.
- The Director General of Research in the Department of Business and Knowledge of the Government of Catalonia.
- The Director General of Security Management in the Department of the Interior of the Government of Catalonia.
- The Managing Director of the Open Administration Consortium of Catalonia.